Federal Parliamentary Inquiry into Diabetes - APS Submission Aug 2023
This submission is a genuine attempt by passionate, time-poor paediatricians who have provided unfunded deliberation on the issues, recommending interventionsthat, from extensive professional clinical experience, we consider are most likely to improve health outcomes for young people with T1D using Federal Government funds most effectively.
The APS Diabetes Committee is the most active paediatric diabetes interest group in Australia, providing:
- post graduate education of suburban and regional diabetes teams through an internationally endorsed annual 2-day paediatric diabetes workshop since 2007.
- the world first, international award-winning e-learning program for diabetes in schools (2017) based on a proven learning platform (www.t1d.org.au)
- the scoping of regional T1D models of care and services (2022-23)
- the world-first, innovative and internationally branded solution to paediatric T1D data collection and audit (2022).
- advocacy to government and other peak bodies on a wide variety of issues relating to paediatric service delivery in suburban and regional Australia, including T1D.
See full submission Diabetes Inquiry APS submission 31 08 20231014.32 KB