Northern Australia Regional Paediatrician’s Meeting | Cairns 22-23 Aug 2022 (2)
The 2022 Northern Australian Regional Paediatricians’ Meeting (NARPM) will be held this year in Cairns on August 22-23rd.
NARPM is an opportunity for paediatricians across northern Australia to meet and discuss issues relevant to them. This is an excellent opportunity for professional development, networking and enjoying the best weather tropical North Queensland has to offer.
Topics this year will include rheumatic heart disease and the deadly heart track, managing type 2 diabetes mellitus in remote Australia, pain and rehabilitation medicine, a rheumatology update and the challenges of diagnosis of FASD.
For registration and further details: https://www.trybooking.com/events/landing/904564
This will be a face-face meeting with an option for online attendance.
PROGRAM (check on Booking Site)
MONDAY 22 August 2022
Registration, welcome to country, unit snapshot
– Dr Courtney Samuel Update on rheumatology for general paediatrics
Session 3: Cardiology 1330-1500
– Dr Bo Remenyi Focus on RHD in Northern Australia.
Session 4: Workforce and Training 1530-1630
– Dr Vanaja Sabesan & Dr Peter Morris
Focus of workforce planning for Northern Australia Conference
TUESDAY 23 August 2022
– Dr Kirsty Devine Neonatal update
- Dr James Dowler, Dr Gavin Cleland, Dr Suparna Chakrabarty
Approach to FASD in Central Australia, FASD guideline updates, juvenile justice and panel discussion
– Dr Margot Bosanquet & Alison Beeden Access to rehabilitation in FNQ, approach to persistent pain
Session 4: Endocrinology Update 1515-1630
Cairns Hospital Auditorium
165-171 The Esplanade, A block, Level 2, Cairns North QLD 4870